Gaffer's GW11 sneaky pickups
Hi all, hope your season’s going swimmingly and all is well in your RealFF journey. If like one of my league’s it’s not going so well, and your team is a shambles read on! In said league I’ve convinced myself I intended to have several ‘rotation spots’ a la Pep Guardiola. In reality I made bad draft picks, and now find myself ferrying average-at-best players in and out like 2000’s Leeds United.
However, there’s always hope. If you do find yourself with numerous droppable players here’s a few player tips to help cobble a lineup together this week. I’ve tried to focus on players we know with relative certainty will start, if you’re spending Friday night trying to get an XI together then gambles and benchwarmers are the last thing you need. You should find at least some of these on your league’s scrapheap, unless you’re in an elite 16-man league. In which case good luck to you!
- West Ham – Robert Snodgrass (Fwd): Snodgrass ran the show last week, taking nine corners and generally threatening throughout the game. I’d fully expect him to start again home to a relatively poor Newcastle team.
- Liverpool – Dejan Lovren (Def): With Matip seemingly out for a good few weeks and Joe Gomez having lost his early season sparkle Klopp has returned to everyone’s favourite Croatian oaf. Away at Villa looks a good fixture for a clean sheet, especially with Grealish a doubt for the Villains. Vague chance of a lumbering header at a set piece too, now that would be handy.
- Sheffield United – Lys Mousset (fwd): After a couple of big recent goals this talented talisman could be in line for a Premier League start at home to Burnley. Fill your boots, Mousset has taken his time to adapt to the Premier League but has undoubted talent.
- Brighton – Leandro Trossard (fwd): Bit of a long shot that this guy’s on your scrapheap, but you never know. After a couple of months out he already looks back to his mercurial best and should get more minutes tomorrow against a forlorn Norwich defence.
- Norwich – Emiliano Buendia (mid): Longshot of the week, I suspect Buendia will have been dropped in many leagues. Norwich have gone on a weird drought in the last few games but are still creating, and Buendia is the key. Norwich have had 41 corners this season, every one taken by Buendia. He’s created 26 chances, 4th most in the league and way ahead of Cantwell (15) and Pukki (12). It’s coming.
Hope you can benefit from at least one of those suggestions, I’ll be back next week to see how they got on.
Follow me @realffgaffer on twitter